Founded by family law attorney, Michael C. Cotugno, Conscious Divorce is a full service family law firm with an emphasis on settling divorce and family law issues through mediation and out-of-court negotiations.
- Divorce & legal separation
- Child custody & visitation
- Child support
- Spousal support & alimony
- Property division
- Domestic partnerships
- Prenuptial agreements
- Retirement benefits
- Tax implications
- Marital Settlement Agreements
We also offer virtual mediation services throughout California via video and telephone conferencing.
As an attorney practicing since 1996, dealing primarily with family law cases (and through his own personal experience of divorce) Mr. Cotugno has developed an intimate understanding of the legal issues and emotional dynamics people experience through the process of separation.
Michael saw his role as a divorce lawyer as an opportunity to bring personal growth and healing into the lives of his clients, which prompted him to obtain a Master’s degree in Spiritual Psychology.
Conscious Divorce was founded with the intention of providing experienced legal counsel and supportive guidance to those navigating through the challenges of divorce and family law issues.
Through years of experience and specialized training, Michael brings his unique approach to Conscious Divorce to transform divorce problems into personal growth and real-world solutions.
- State Bar of California, July 1996
- University of Santa Monica, M.A. in Spiritual Psychology: 2011
- California Western School of Law, JD: 1996
- Clemson University, BS, Economics: 1993
- Member, Southern California Mediators Association