While it is possible to draft and file Court required forms on your own, they often can be very confusing and may require detailed research to make sure they are completed properly. If this sounds intimidating, we encourage you to seek assistance from a legal professional to ensure that there aren’t any problems with your paperwork.
Even if you can’t afford (or don’t want) an attorney to do your divorce for you, it is possible to get a lawyer to assist you with paperwork at a much cheaper price. This is a good way to ensure that your forms are filled out correctly and will be accepted by the Court, saving you the stress and hassle of having to resubmit.
Conscious Divorce offers “a la carte” document preparation services, which allow you to use our assistance on an as needed basis. This is not legal representation, rather it is professional legal document drafting done by an experienced divorce lawyer who knows the Court forms and processes. It is an affordable option for “In Pro Per” filers that would like the peace of mind knowing that their paperwork is handled correctly, or who just need a little support in the process.
- Filing for Divorce $540 – This service is for people who need their Petition and related documents drafted and want legal advice as they begin the divorce process.
- Filing for Child Custody/Support (Unmarried Couples) $540 – This service is for people who need their Petition and related documents drafted and want legal advice as they begin the child custody and support process.
- Filing a Response $540 – This service is for people who have been served divorce or custody paperwork and need to file a response.
- The “Kitchen Table” Divorce $1,620 (Uncontested Divorce) – This service is for those who have reached a basic divorce agreement with their spouse. Includes drafting of all court documents through final judgment.
*Prices do not include court fees. Court fees must be paid IN ADVANCE by check written to the Court. A list of fees can be found online here.
* Services outside of those specifically listed and contracted shall be billed at an increment of .10 hours at the attorney’s hourly rate of $360 per hour.
* Attorneys reserve the right to change the prices at any time. This page is intended to give prospective clients a general idea of our pricing and is not intended to be binding on the attorneys as an offer.